Sunday, March 11, 2012

Trim me to your heart's content


I was gratefully adopted from a hardware store called Home Depot when I was less than a foot off the ground. I have since found a place I call home, grown near the side walk, in a quiet neighborhood in the city of FountainValley, and I'm surrounded by happy blooms as well as discouraging weeds.

Over the years, despite the inevitable and harsh weather, I've spurred tall and luscious. I'm about 6 feet tall, have multiple stems, and thick foliage. Compared to my relative, the trees, I have smaller leaves, each in the size of a penny, and they are densely structured next to one another. When healthy, its natural luster that can be seen from street. The brilliance of each leave exudes an over-all glow like the Flecher Jones Motor Cars' sales lot. Each reflecting off the other, making for powerful dances when encouraged by the wind.

My life span is long and durability is the name of my game. I can be shaped to something as simple as a round ball or as intriquette as a dolphin or a dragon. I can only become these desired shapes through heavy-handed wackings and consistant trimmings. Each thoughtful strike will build my shape, making it more defined and distinguished.

Today is the first day of daylight savings and if you're free, I ask you to come out to the yard, examine my shape and wack at me if you think I need it. I will embrace the tools you use and once you are done, I will mature into a shape that is alluring and every person who walks by your yard will turn their head.

No comments:

Post a Comment