Friday, March 16, 2012

Madness happens at Fuddrucker's


Today I wake up owning only 5 hours of sleep, tiredness takes over me as I feel the subtle Madness rumbling around me. The house is quiet, and through the cracked door, I can hear Dan's conference voice, probably checking off his list of meetings for the day so he can flop himself on the couch and indulge in the twenty basketball games that are all showing simultaneously, and for twenty four hours straight. It is only 8:00am.

DirectTv provides hundreds of channels, most of which are in high definition and each channel is always available to watch at any time of the day. But today for some reason, it decides to freeze for a minute or two. Apparently, the two minutes of freeze time occurred this morning, and I am certainly notified of it by a loud frustrated scream in the living room that travels to the opposite end of the house, reaching the master bathroom where I'm resting over a porcelin toilet. This is when I understand the seriousness of what today will entail.

It is two days into a four-week college basketball championship tournament, and if you have a husband or a boyfriend or a brother, you know this day is as important to a male gender as it is to a female gender giving birth to her first child. This is when men can be men, fill in brackets, bet on their favorite teams, and drink til they can't remember your name. there are countless places that host this special event,NCAA, formally called "March Madness", such as St. Louis, Las Vegas, and New Orleans just to name a few. This tournament has naturally evolved into a
holiday celebrating men and their skills of 'guessing'. With the exception to every rule, Dan for example, has his teams well studied and carefully examined over the years, tracking their scores and records, so his choices are more valid than most of his fellow competitors.

For me, my day is far from madness. March is no other than another month of the year, and it is one month closer to my big day. Today will be easy. A little homework to catch up on, a tasty beer, and dinner with the family. The only madness I will create today is my personalized, killer burger that will happen at 7:00pm at Fuddrucker's in Lake Forest.

No comments:

Post a Comment