Monday, March 19, 2012

Print me a mango & a comb


I went to bed last night having wedding invitations lingering in my head. I opted for the enticing bed rather than finish up the last couple of prints. The completed invitations would have saved me the frustration this morning.

The beautiful, 3-month-old Canon printer was working divinely when I turned it on at 7:00 AM and printed some practice sheets, but on the last run, it decided to get paper jammed and took its last breath in my presence. I strongly felt the printer was remorseful of my decision to leave it last night when I chose my bed over it. I tried everything I could to revive it, I even tried to throw it against the wall, nothing worked. That was the end of my printing excursion. I packed up all of the stationary and prepared for plan B, whatever that may be.

My coffee cup is filled to the brim, making it my second cup for the morning, and eggs heating up in the stove oven. If I couldn't get the damn invitations to print, the least I could do is get something to eat. This will fuel my body and get me ready for a hairstyling meeting that is waiting for me at 10AM, followed by a visit to the photography studio to secure our date, and finally the tailor.

I was introduced to something new today. It is a new invention that takes haircutting to the next level. Over the years, haircutting industry encompasses lines and sections, precision and classic cuts, editorial & commercial, avant guarde, as well as fashion integration. But it neglected one segment of the foundation that even Vidal Sassoon was missing. Focusing mainly on the "the missing link", is Joaquin Regalado's genius invention, the engineering aspect of hairdressing -The Comb.

I've seen The Comb once before, but never as closely and well examined as I did today. It is approximately 8 inches in length and its architecture is no different than the conventional comb, its unique leveling tool is built into the comb to provide accurate haircuts that require measuring of 0 degree, 45 degrees, and 90 degrees relative to the ground. I am now the proud owner of The Comb and a couple of education DVDs.

This is a beautiful tool and it is something that I am currently intrigued about and will spend the next few weeks studying it, becoming more familiar with it, really owning it, and using it on my clients. I will then decide how I like it and whether it is something I can integrate into my client world as well as the creative world.

It is 3:00 pm and there are a couple more things I'd like to complete before Dan's arrival home at 7:30pm. My printing frustration escalated even more compared to this morning. And I have conluded the printer was cheaply produced, and I am determined to not blame myself for once. I am now craving a ripe mango that is cooling in the veggie draw. The rest of my day remains at home and I'm looking forward to it and can't wait to see Dan later.

No comments:

Post a Comment