Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Regular sized slushy

I could have prepared eggs and toast or cereal and milk or a veggie omelets, instead, grilled hot dog placed along the slit of a bun is dressed with mayo, tomatoes, relish and catchup makes its way on my plate this morning.  It is not an item you can find on a breakfast menu at any restaurant,  however, when served with a cup of coffee, I'm up for anything the fridge has to offer.  This is by far one of the weirdest breakfast food I've ever prepared at home.  That's not to say I don't like weird food because I do.  Dan would rather starve than settle for anything out of the ordinary.

 I was notified by dedicated Facebookers that today is the first day of Spring.  From what I can tell through the window, it is bright and sunny and the temperature is just perfect where I am sitting - on the floor at the coffee table located in front of the tv. There are flash cards and lecture notes scattered all over the table top while my butt is numbing and legs are cramming underneath it.   My parents are anticipating their 7-day-Caribbean Cruise next week, making their first stop in Houston, and departing on Thursday. So tonight my haircutting duty is requested at the Truong's for quick touch-ups and  trims.

 Megan, my 8-year old  niece welcomed me to her house with a Slushy Magic, a make-it-yourself-slushy with any flavor of your choice.  Just add your  favorite soda,  she chose Mountain Dew, and instant flavored slush equivalent to a Slurpy from 7-Eleven, is ready to cool your mouth. It was thoughtful and tasted refreshing as we both bundle up under a fur throw while we look at her newly created blog from her dad's laptop.

 Leaving  my mother's house is never easy, bags and bags of home cooked meals gets smuggled into the trunk of my car.  I never have enough hands to manage the bags full of food.  It's like going grocery shopping to last a week, but instead of using a cart, you push around only your hands. The items over flow and you fumble uncontrollably.  That was me leaving my mom's house.

 I'm now on the couch once again, with Dan next to me watching "Just Go With It", as I flip through note cards to prepare for my exam on Thursday.  I'm not quite confident with the material, but that's because I haven't quite invested adequate time to studying.   I am satisfied with my day so far,  school, food, family and Danny to end the night. What else can I ever ask for.

No comments:

Post a Comment