Monday, March 12, 2012

$100 steak is cheap

A dinner plate, made of stark white ceramic and a product of HouseBeautiful, sits elegantly against our glass dining table in front of me. As I sit here waiting for Dan, I admire the delicious edibles that are placed on the plate, filling every square inch without a single touch of artistry but rather a smother of love, team work, and unity.

To the right side of the plate lays a seductive 12 oz. Rib Eye grilled to medium well. It was seasoned with a drissle of worcestershire, cracked black pepper, sea salt, and Dan's favorite Lawry's steak seasoning. The dark grill marks branded diagonally across the steak gives it the look of a five-star restaurant. The heart of artichoke, buttered potatoes, asparagus, and okras sets an ideal accent while emphasizing the formality and tastiness of the steak. And to garnish off the unplanned placement of each item is the greenest and perfectly grilled broccoli I've ever seen. This was our dinner for tonight.

It was a dinner made by overcoming our years of independence, reducing egos, and collaborating cooking experiences (or lack there of). The pleasure I got from each bite was unlike anything I've ever prepared by myself. The charred heart of romain suddenly tasted delicious and I craved for more even after I finished it. The slightly burnt potatoes were masked by its buttery flavor. This isn't a $100 steak house, but beats any 12oz Mastros could have ever prepared. This is merely an appetizer to our five course meal. Get ready for a menu no other five-star restaurants can beat.

No comments:

Post a Comment