Thursday, March 15, 2012

Season my day with a sprinkle of time



A note taped to the outside of a blue door that I consistently enter every Tuesdays and Thursdays at 12:45pm had the words "class dismissed" written on it. I am free for the day. Two and a half hours of class time can now be spent doing anything my heart desires.

I've told myself weeks on end that when things start to slow down and I have freed up some time, I would revisit the gym. And this is the first thing on my to-do list today and it is my priority. I'd like to believe that class cancellation is merely a gift of time. Someone above is definitely listening to me and I am lucky enough to recognize it.

Before heading to the gym, I stop by the house to dress myself in some comfortable gym clothes. Pulling up to the drive way, I gave my attention to the lawn and notice it needs some watering. I walk around to the front of the house, and located near the front door is a switch to turn on the sprinkler. A big plastic bag labeled UPS is sitting on the door mat and I knew right away the content that is stuffed inside of it. I have been craving it like I occasionally crave the stuffing of a turkey during the holidays. Just a day prior, in the break room at work, Lori asked me about this package, and my response to her was, "it's been a month and a week and the package hasn't arrived and I haven't received a reply to my concerning email a week ago". I'm excited to text her in a few minutes that it has arrived!

Trying not to be overtly excited, I do a few more things around the house before opening up the package. Inside the package was a lizlock bag protecting a white dress. My hands began to shake and I notice my heart beating faster than normal. Feelings of nervousness and excitement travels throughout my body, and my hands become firm as I straighten out the dress and spread it on the floor.

I can hardly visualize myself wearing it, contouring the shape of my breasts, waistline, and hip. It is almost too beautiful for me. The flowing train is elegant and breath taking. I am more than pleased. This can't be my dress! I couldn't resist the temptation of putting myself inside of it so I can feel the smoothness of the satin wrapping itself around my body. Through a mirror that is being blocked by a table and a chair, I can still make out the shape and over all look of this dress. It is stunning.

I will need my mother and sister Amy to give me a hand in tightening up the sash in the back of the dress in order to see it's true shape and appreciate the crafted details on the dress.

I just finished a fresh veggie drink that I made, and now I am getting ready for the gym. It's barely 2:30 in the afternoon and the secret ingredient that made my day special is time.

No comments:

Post a Comment