Thursday, March 29, 2012

My flavored chair

If I try to tally up all of the meaningful, important tasks that needs to be completed during my week of spring break, the result would be quite disappointing.  There are some tasks I skipped over, others I haven't gotten to, and yet some extra credits I never expected to do, but did.  Needless to say, I haven't fulfilled any goals I have laid out for this week.

Two tasks I can check off  (more than once)  are "doing nothing" and "blogging" from the list.   Another one I can  check off is to get acquainted with the kitchen, but next to it is a side note that says, "failed miserably".  And when the kitchen isn't  accepting my creative flavors, I take it straight to the salon, where this creative release can take place and where my clients can fully benefit.  And today, I take it out on Jamie Miller.

  Miss Miller and I go way back. When she needed a stylist who is willing to transform her mid-back length to a modern bob eight years ago, she chose me.  When her work friend needed a new hairstylist to take care of her hair needs, she referred me.  Today, in the early morning, I received a text message requesting a new look and attached was a photo of a Chanel ad campaign with a model sporting a modern pixie cut -it was a text message from her.  I was honored.

 Since we are both busy with our own clients, three thirty is the only time that fits both of our schedules.  With hair washed, combed and caped, she settles into my chair as if she is an official client.  Gathered around us are some of my favorite salon- mates. The energy from the crowd rises like the Staple Center hosting a Prince Concert, loud conversations floats all around us, as I open with a first cut - clean and precise.  This initial guideline led me to finish the entire head without any mistakes. Having most of her blondest blonde wet hair piled on the floor, I power dry her hair to shape it against her head, making it more visible and easier to detail to its finished look.

 Melting both Gennifer Goodwin and Michelle Williams styles together, we have created Miss Miller's unique, one-and-only sassy short.  She wears the style better than anyone I've seen, with complete confidence and sex appeal.   Tonight, I will go home, make hot wings, pasta salad, and finally hang my apron for a while.  If I'm not creating in the kitchen, I know "the chair" will always be there to feed my creativity.

No comments:

Post a Comment