Thursday, March 22, 2012

smell of chardonay floral dress

Today I curl my hair with a wand, which is my favorite styling tool at the moment -I find that it is the easiest way to polish hair in very little time - dress myself in a red dress with delicate floral prints and a short-length & light-weight jacket to go over it like a cardigan, and knee-high boots to compensate the shortness of the dress. The grey color from the jacket and boots were meant to soften the red floral dress, which I think is doing just that. The smell of spring time finally dominates my senses this morning and I am ready to start the day.
My schedule is filled up at the salon, starting with Andy Truong at 9AM followed by Kathy Baily then I will wrap it up and head straight to my second exam in the Lewis Build. Once the exam is completed, I head right back to the salon where I will close up at 7PM.
Kathy's hair took 15 minutes longer to finish than I had planned, so with her permission and going against my own work ethics, I leave her in my chair to flat iron her pixie hairstyle. Parking became increasingly difficult as I am pressing for time and with no time to spare for a quick review of the test, my nervous system heightens.

My laziness and "this class is too easy" attitude is surely catching up to me. Muscles tighten in my neck as I try to understand a related rates problem referring to the pythagorean therom. I circled the best answer I knew and moved on to the next. And even though I mastered differentiation on all of the homeworks, I blanked on number 15. This exam has brought me back to earth and grounded me - no longer will I be too good to study.

The smell of Spring fades and the fruity Chardonay takes over. I arrive home after partaking in a few more hours of work. The sliding door from the family room is unlocked and slightly open. For the first time, Dan commuted using his mountain bike, headed to our neighborhood park where he hoops with 13 others - every Thursday. All I can think about is his arrival home soon, when he will cook up a frozen DiGiorno's pizza to perfection. And our bottle of wine opened and aired, we will munch, drink, watch American Idol and try to forget about the day.

Whether I like it or not, Spring is here and I am free from any math obligations for one full week. The only numbers I care to count is how many glasses of wine I will intake tonight, and loving every single one of them.





No comments:

Post a Comment