Monday, March 26, 2012

Homemade chicken soup

As of last night, after a 15-minute phone call to a DirectTv technician resulted in a three-day shot down of our service, an 8 AM to Noon service appointment (tomorrow), and a useless twelve-dollar reimbursement.  We are cut from any broadcasted shows or movies for three days. Since operating the Play Station isn't my cup of tea, I am decapitated from all dvd's too.

 So this morning, I sip on my yummy coffee and stare off into space, with silence all around me, making me aware that I am trapped! The Blackberry Play book is useful for research and reading emails, but typing up anything on there requires twenty extra fingers and patience made of steel.  The only computer accessibility  is way back in the beatlab where computer utilization is only fun when Dan is around and Deejays his favorite jams from Spotify.  Now I can truly understand his frustration with being poorly connected throughout the house, especially when we are paying top dollar every single month.  

 Looks like I will be spending some time out of the house today, but I can't think of what to do. My 11 O' Clock standing nail appointment will kick start my day, then I suppose I can browse the asian market for produce I've been dying to roast, blend and drink.  And while I'm at it, i can hang a right at the green sign that says "Fresh & Easy" to redeem my $5 off coupon with purchase of $25 that expires tomorrow, and I have to remember it doesn't apply to dairy products. I never understood this restriction, and each time I use this coupon, I read and re-read this restriction, hoping they will change it but they never do.  Even though  it bothers me, I never do anything about it and shop anyway. 

 With a trunk full of produce, rib-eye, prawns, eggs and fresh fruit, just to name a few, I park the car in the garage in reverse for easy unloading. There is no way I will make it through a full day at home without tv, so I make my technical call to my personal IT, mister Dan Sheahan.  Within less than three minutes over the phone, he voice directed me to successfully play the Movie, "Titanic".    This movie always managed to make my heart hurt and my dreams become nightmares, yet I never deny it whenever there is a chance to watch it. This time, it happened to be in the pile of DVD s that I had randomly grabbed from the movies cabinet.  I do admit, I've never watched this movie alone. And today is the first. 

 While chicken noodle soup made from scratch with one whole chicken is simmering on the stove and cooked pasta noodles is cooling, my deserving body is resting on the couch, and my attention is now given to this 3-hour long movie.  I'm not too worried about this DirectTv shananigan, I'm just going to focus and enjoy having absolutely no obligations until 8AM tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment