Saturday, February 4, 2012

Ring ring

From traditional antique country style, monogrammed with your initials, to silk double heart with lace, to custom design satin ivory with rich chocolate ribbon; a ring bearer can be any style that fits your themed wedding. This is precisely what Lori Vu is set out to do today and the place of destination is Joann Fabric store located in Irvine tucked away in a new shopping complex off Barranca Parkway.

It's mid-afternoon on a Saturday and Lori and I play hooky from work for roughly an hour. Joann Fabric store is far from foreign for me . In fact, I grew up going there with my mother andit is where we spent most of our spare time. My mother is a great seamstress even when she was running her own successful Jewelry business and it is Joann that provided everything she needed - from dress patterns to automatic needle threater. It was simply our little playground on our off times.

Childhood memories immediately enter my thoughts as we enter the store. The massiveness of the store made me feel as if I was still a little girl. This place was unlike any other Joann I've ever visited in my entire life. It is as if it is an amusement park of not only fabric and ribbons, but also a wide variety of anything from arts and crafts to silk florals to stationary and jewelry. The only thing missing is roller coaster rides and lemonade stands. Our mission here is to pick up neccessaties to craft Lori's ring bearer pillow for her wedding in April.

After aisles and aisles of strolling and a handful of collected items needed, we make our way to the register to complete out journey. I am more than overwhelmed and unwilling to grasp what it takes to coordinate a wedding. The details are over-the-top exquisite and each detail is followed by the next and all are equally important. This is merely a ring bearer pillow. I can't fathom the intricate tasks that are involved with other areas of the wedding planning process.

I'm still not sure if I love it or hate it. But what I am sure about is knowing that I do want to marry the man I love regardless of what it's going to take to get there.

In my eyes, a wedding is nothing other than a party to celebrate our eternal love for one another and to share this celebration with our closes friends and family. And this is all that matters to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment