Sunday, February 12, 2012

Candles

2/12/12
It is 7:52 am, Sunday morning and I am awaken by the blazing sunlight creeping through the seemingly thick drapes embroidered with soft florals. As i lay in bed, three distinct sounds fill the room; at a distance is our magnificent robot that cleans the pool at exactly 7:30 am daily, at the far corner of the bedroom and on the floor is a space heater, and right next to me is Dan's heavy breathing probably due to exhaustion from our continuous home organization that ended just a few hours ago.
Dan is a light sleeper to the extreme and any nano of a movement will cause him to say these words," honey, I love you so much, but...", and after "but" would be something different that he would say depending on the morning. As I lay here quietly, trying my best to refrain from movement under the sheets, thoughts of the last couple of days race through my over capacitated mind. My fingers are becoming numb as I continue to write this blog, but if I move even a smidgen, finishing this blog will never reach the finish line. So I continue to type as fast as i can while maximizing the numbness in these fingers.

I start to recall Dan's move away from his Manhattan Beach home to Fountain Valley where we will join forces. It was last Saturday when Dan and Nate initiated the move by transporting his elegant William Sonoma bed using my dad's minivan. And it was a couple of days ago that we used the same minivan as our logistic means to finalize the rest of his stuff. In retrospect, hiring movers would've been costly, but our bodies wouldn't have suffered from tremendous pains. Salonpas, a sticky patch that gets applied to achey parts of the body, releases heat to reduce pain, just like Bengay, keeps us feeling normal. It was a life saver to say the least.

Today we will wake up to more organizing and more Salonpas. The timer is set for 5pm, this is when we will begin preparation for my birthday dinner celebration that will be shared with my beautiful family. The menu includes 12 lobster tails, beef loin and chicken skewers all cooked on the grill and paired with pasta salad, mixed greens and pilaf rice. And to finish off the night, we will end with a birthday cake, mouthwatering tarimasu from Boulangerie Pierre & Patisserie, a French Vietnamese Bakery.

This will be one achiest, tastiest and bestest birthday I will have!!

No comments:

Post a Comment