Sunday, February 5, 2012

I do


Often Sundays are spent with your kids at the park, brunch with a spouse at a favorite restaurant that serves bottomless mimosas, or laundry and chores around the house. Despite our late night on Saturday, we managed to launch out of bed at approximately 8:30am.

Today will be unlike any other Sunday in my life. There will be no typical house work (just the bare essentials), nor will there be alluring bottomless mimosas. Instead, I will draft the initial concept of a wedding that may have been my dream.

This is where the uniquely awkward inner child of mine yerns to be exposed. The years leading up to this day was not typical of any girl, as there were never an image of a bridal dress, let alone a well-planned-out dream wedding. Let's not let this be confused with the sentimental meaning that constitutes a wedding and the connections and unions brought together by loved ones.
What I'm trying to say is that this precious event is essentially one of the most meaningful events that will occur during the course of my life. And yes, I do want it perfect and flawless, however, the enjoyment of each guest is far more important to me than any perfectly arranged floral arrangement or place cards can ever give. So with that in mind, the physical concept of the wedding can only be experienced and not seen. And each seat at the event is reserved for only the the ones who have impacted my life in someway and hold a special place in my heart.

After all, it is not the material things that make for a perfect wedding, it is the special bond, acknowledgment and happiness that each and every guest will experience. And these things are intangible yet priceless.

This, in-a-nut-shell, is my dream wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment