Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Aftermath

There isn't a richter scale made to accurately measure the aftermath of my previous weekend. A sudden cold-like symptom hovers over me and my suspicion of this cause is a combination of Origine Vodka & Tonic Soda at our house followed by Charlie Palmer and Tin Lizzie Saloon, all of which happened on Saturday, just two nights ago. My head is screaming uncontrollable pain and its heaviness is taking over my concentration. My brain and body are out of commission. Wish I can put up a sign that says, "closed for lunch, will be back a long long time from now".

My day starts out slow, listening to sparrows making music outside, watching the Cooking Channel, and waiting for a potential buyer, Danielle, to come and snatch a few wooden boxes. All sales revenue will be spent at the nearest grocery store today. Her expected time of arrival is 11:30am, which is about an hour away, and my expected sales revenue will be a whooping 75 dollars.

The central heating system has been on auto all morning, set to 75 degrees to heat upthe entire house, yet my hands and feet remain cold and numbing and I am more irratible than ever . I'm in desperate need to break out of this icebox and get outside where it appears nicer and the warmth provided by the sun seems cozy. Perhaps I should run an errand of some sort.

My vision is blurry and my thoughts are hazy as I head out to return a movie, "50/50" at Blockbuster Express located inside of Rite Aid. I am still exhausted! And I still cannot think. My mind is shot down by the residue of liquor intake (known as birthday shots) that occurred two nights ago. I feel weak and my body feels soggy like over-marinate beef skewers.

I'm sitting in class now, and just 48 hours until our first exam, I am trying to stay in tact and alert. I'm eager to go home and lay my beaten body down on the couch and snooze until I feel better.

The weekend was a blast, however, the repercussions are more than I can handle. Nonetheless, I vouch to not change a single thing when my next birthday rolls around. Thank goodness it is more than 11 months away. Thank goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment