Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Stuffed men, children & cousins

I turned down a weekly meeting today, to take care of things that prove to be priority in my life this exactly moment in time,  my cousin and her family.  While our house isn't exactly the first reason for their visit to California, where  Universal Studios took top priority in this scenario as the kids are on spring break and costco's 5-days-for-$59-value is hard to pass up, they thoughtfully added us to their chaos schedule to come over and have  a meal with us. For this, I am grateful.  To hold me over, the first part of my day consists of coffee, instant udon noodle, gardening, and Andrew Zimmern's "Jamaica" Travel.  The day travels slowly as I finish up Jamaica and head out to a much sweeter place, Cinnabon!  Half a dozen and nearly three pounds of dough, baked and coated with creamy frosting will be coming back home with me before 6 this evening.   One by one, my cousin Van, Derek, and three kids march into the house, each with either a family pack of OC grown strawberries, roasted chicken, caesar's salad, cheese and salami plate, two loafs of garlic bread and a super size pepperoni pizza.  Throw in a bottle of Pinot Noir and this is one fat feast you wouldn't want to miss.  Even Dan knew to force things at work to finish early so he can join us at a decent time. With Derek's willingness to wait for him  before diving in,  Dan is gauranteed to have a eating partner.   NCAA Finals dominates the house as the two newly acquainted men blab about stuff I can care less about while Chase shows me his white to green belt Kung Fu techniques, Christian and Kellen rests their tired bodies on the coach, and Van rambles in the kitchen - getting things tidy. Cinnabon cleans our palate and fills the sugar tooth, making it another satisfying and stuffed night.  

No comments:

Post a Comment